The Prepper Journal’s Writing Contest is open to you!
Have you ever wanted to write a prepping or survival article and share it with millions of people each year around the world? If so, have you ever considered the potential of getting paid for your article at the same time? Well here is your chance for both. The Prepper Journal is hosting a writing contest where readers can submit their own original articles for a chance at prizes. All articles that are published will receive a $25 award and be entered in the
The term for round Eleven of this contest is 8/01/17 – 10/15/17 so submit your articles!
The prizes are pretty simple. Rather than offer a lot of discounts to places you may never even want to shop, I am going with Amazon gift cards. Each winner will be able to get whatever they want at Amazon.com and it is always the right size. There will be three winners chosen at the end of the contest from all the entries submitted during the contest term.
- First Prize – $300 Amazon gift card.
- Second Prize – $150 Amazon gift card.
- Third Prize – $50 Amazon gift card.
Scroll down to bottom of page for previous winners.
- The first rule of the Prepper Journal’s Writing Contest is to tell everyone about the Prepper Journal’s Writing contest.
- Submissions must be 1000 words or longer
- Submissions must be your own, original work and must not have been posted anywhere else prior to entering the Prepper Journal Writing Contest.
- You may submit multiple articles for the period of the contest.
- Submissions can be on any subject as long as it falls into the prepper or survivalist genre. I reserve the right to only post submissions I think are a good fit for this site. Submitting an article does not guarantee we will post it on the site.
- Submissions should be non-fiction. I love a good zombie story as much as the next person, but this isn’t the place to test out your first novel. I’d love to read it when you do publish it though.
- Photos that you have taken yourself can accompany the submission. If not, we will provide the images. Any photos submitted may or may not accompany the article when/if it is published.
- The Prepper Journal reserves the right to edit any submission.
- All submissions become the property of the Prepper Journal.
- At the conclusion of the contest, winners will be notified via email and posted on this page down below.
- Any submissions that are not published during the time-frame of the contest may be published in the next contest term.
How to Enter the Prepper Writing Contest
Just enter your information in the form below to send us your submission. Your entire article should be entered into the “Article Content” field below. Your name will be used as the author of your article. If you want to use an alias, please enter that in the alias field. Email will be used to contact you if you won, so make sure it is a valid address.
If you would like to send us your information in another format, please contact us.
Past Contest Winners
- Grand Prize – How to Make a Prepper – Benjamin Burns
- 2nd Place – 12 Prepper Challenges for the New Year – Mike Turner
- 3rd Place – Bugging Out with Someone who has Dementia – Saffron
- Grand Prize – Raising Goats: Perfect Survival Livestock? – Willow101
- 2nd Place – Fitness for Preppers – TekNik
- 3rd Place – What I learned from Baghdad to Chicago – Kilo 11
- Grand Prize – Real Food Storage Ideas for Real Preppers – Lydia Darragh
- 2nd Place – 8 Easy Garden Hacks – R. Ann Parris
- 3rd Place – Skill Building: Preparing to Thrive – J.L. Dale
- Grand Prize – Lessons Learned from Being an Outdoorsy Kid – Flashandy1988
- 2nd Place – Diseases That Will Be Making a Comeback – Martha Bratton
- 3rd Place – Shotguns – the Firearm Do-Alls – R.Ann Parris
- Grand Prize – Raising Rabbits: One Size Fits All Prepper Solution? – Ellie
- 2nd Place – Coming Gun Control – Prep Yourself Before It’s Too Late – Blue Angel
- 3rd Place – The Golden Hour: What to Do in the First 60 Minutes of SHTF – Huples
- Grand Prize – Providing hospital care in SHTF – Huples
- 2nd Place – The Poor Man Prepper – PCPrepperGuild
- 3rd Place – EDC During SHTF and why Tacticool Might just get you killed – Panthers 14
- Grand Prize – Survival Skill: Unarmed Combat – Teknik
- 2nd Place – The Keys to Effective Prepper Communication – S.S. Gregory
- 3rd Place – Prepping After 60 – Sundee Z
- Grand Prize – DRY FIRE: The Secret to Better Shooting – JD
- 2nd Place – Hiding in Plain Sight – Innovative Ways to Discreetly Wear Survival Gear – S.S. Gregory
- 3rd Place – The Prepper’s Guide To Female Hygiene – Hart
- Grand Prize – Lessons From History – The Importance of Water – R. Ann
- 2nd Place (tie) – Start Prepping Without Feeling Overwhelmed – Kena K.
- 2nd Place (tie) – Top 10 Survival Supplies – Sarah
- Grand Prize – Trail Foods From History – Food Preservation Ideas – R. Ann
- 2nd Place (tie) – Weather: The Natural Disaster Maker – Capt. Dennis
- 3rd Place (tie) – The Tactics of a Gunfight After SHTF – Kirk Reynolds