Calling ALL Contributors!

Editor’s Note: We are looking for new and varied entries for the Prepper Writing Contest. If you have information for Preppers that you would like to share and possibly win a $300 Amazon Gift Card to purchase your own prepping supplies, enter today.

As you know guest Contributors have added significant value to the site and to our followers. Like Rick, more of you have a following than you know and our readers are anxious to hear more, hear of new things and of old things that have proven themselves over time and practice.

We would like to suggest articles on long-term food storage system successes and yes, even failures as that is how most of us learn. Articles on vehicle spare parts and supplies you NEVER go 4-wheeling without? What tools can’t you survive without and what tools can fill more than a single function thus reducing weight in your bug-out supplies?

Going back to an article titled “Am I The Only One Who Saw “TERMINATOR”, published on January 20th of this year, new articles have been published this week on significant advances in AI (Artificial Intelligence) and by very reputable scientists who have linked the next steps to make a self-sufficient robot. Change is good, change is constant and change affects us all, so what changes concern you?

If you have submitted something in the last 60 days we are going through those now and we thank you and we will get those out ASAP. So don’t be shy, we thrive on diverse opinions and good ideas. And as always, THANK YOU!

1. HART

July 21, 2017 at 5:04 pm

I have several for you. I broke my arm I so have not had a chance to edit and confirm there are none the same already written.

Giving my past profession, most of them will fall under first aid so not exactly what you are asking for.

Sorry.

• Wild Bill

July 24, 2017 at 10:31 am

First aid being missed is my bad. ALWAYS interested in articles about medical supplies, their use and in administering first aid. I will get flack here but in my opinion “first responders” are the people on-scene who escaped injury and can act immediately while waiting for the responders to 911 calls. No offense, intended, we love those people, but for those first precious moments, it may just be you. Bring it Hart!

2. Red J

July 22, 2017 at 5:27 pm

What are the prizes or rewards for the articles that prove worthy?

3. Ben Leucking

July 23, 2017 at 1:07 pm

I have written fourteen articles for Pat under the name “Bolo,” and currently have three concept pieces sitting on the back burner. Frankly, I want to see where you are going to take TPJ. Pat did an awesome job and built a strong cadre of dedicated readers, many of whom contributed great insight and value merely by their comments to articles written by others.

There is a lot of garbage on the prepper/survivor web sites these days, articles that are poorly written, researched, edited and/or reviewed.

• R. Ann

July 24, 2017 at 6:45 am

x2 …And well said, Bolo
      (One of your series was what brought TPJ to my awareness, and I stayed for Pat’s input and takes, and then continued as other’s contributions continued).
      I didn’t realize Patrick Henry was done-done. I waited a while thinking he was just incredibly busy. Hello, Wild Bill.

You still have several of mine that were submitted to Pat and TPJ. Since he seemed busy and had several of mine left from the May-June submission emails (some of which directly or obliquely addressed some questions I’ve gotten here in comments or am commonly asked either on forums or at speaking events), I haven’t submitted further.

Cheers and best to you,
      Rebecca Ann

• Wild Bill

July 24, 2017 at 10:38 am

Pat is still available to advise and help, but he has moved on to other challenges on his bucket-list. I am sure he will be contributing when he gets settled. I will check with him on any articles you have submitted, I have access to his site email as well so I will look, as I would love this whole week to be “guest contributors”. If you are willing could you resend them to bill@theprepperjournal.com along with any short bio you would like included with the post. Like everyone else I don’t know everything and I love to learn from people.

• Wild Bill

July 24, 2017 at 10:32 am

Hoping you will continue to contribute. Your feedback is appreciated.

4. John D

July 24, 2017 at 1:12 pm

I’m glad to hear that TPJ will continue to publish articles from guest contributors. I love the diversity of thoughts and styles. After all, there are many places a reader can go for information about weapons, gardening, wilderness survival, and so on. To encourage more guest contributions, why not reward guest contributors with a small payment, perhaps $25, for each article that you publish? At the same time, continue with the prizes for the best three articles.

• Wild Bill

July 24, 2017 at 1:45 pm

Great suggestion!

5. HART

July 24, 2017 at 2:50 pm

How do we contact you, Wild Bill?

6. Bob

July 27, 2017 at 6:40 pm

The end of the last contest was delayed a month, and the winners/prizes for this round have been delayed for another month. I’m going to sit on my articles until this round is fully resolved, and I’d imagine that a number of other writers are probably doing the same. Finishing out one round before calling on more articles has to be considered a priority.

• Wild Bill

July 27, 2017 at 6:57 pm

Thank you Bob for bring this up. Pat has sold the site and this may have been lost in the transition. I will contact him right away and get this resolved, get the award done. Also note we are changing our policy on Monday, look for the announcement. We are sweetening the pot.