10 Must Have Natural Remedies for Preppers

Editor’s Note: This post has been contributed by Saqib. If you have information for Preppers that you would like to share and possibly win a $300 Amazon Gift Card to purchase your own prepping supplies, enter the Prepper Writing Contest today.

Imagine women giving birth centuries ago or imagine you suffer from some critical injury or serious ailment. Centuries ago, there was not the concept of technology and there certainly weren’t the advances in medical science we have today. Your best option would be to call the tribal medicine doctor or shaman. Someone who knew how to use a leaf as a bandage and how to break and pull a teeth out with a stone. Could you survive? Could you stay healthy? Could you even live long enough to see the next sunrise? Thinking of those types of situations now, it hardly seems possible, but we humans are tenacious and if it was impossible,  then how did mankind make it this far? If modern medicines and advances in science are the only reason we are combating serious diseases now, then how did we make it this far?

The answer to this question is simple – Mother Nature has her own secrets.  There are many who fear that humans won’t be able to survive without the conveniences of modern medicine. Granted, we won’t be able to save life on the scale that we can now, but there are natural options.  Humans made it pretty far along the span of history without any complicated and advanced sciences. For sure there is something much greater reserved in nature. Today we will discuss 10 must have natural remedies that will could offer comfort and healing when the possibility of modern medicine is gone.

Apple Cider Vinegar

Everything from stomach related disorders, to boosting vitality, to counteracting diseases . Taken before supper, it even assists with weight reduction! Likewise, the vinegar is one of those ‘100 uses’ wonder items. The benefits of apple cider vinegar come from it’s powerful healing compounds, which include acetic acid, potassium, magnesium, probiotics and enzymes.

Honey

Yes the gift of God, the food of heaven, honey is one of those natural remedies that you need to have around in your house. The food of God, honey is both good for medicinal purpose and equally serves as a dessert. It includes vitamins, trace enzymes, amino acids, and minerals like calcium, iron, sodium chlorine, magnesium, phosphate, and potassium.

Garlic

Consuming garlic on a daily basis (in food or raw) helps to lower cholesterol levels because of the anti-oxidant properties of Allicin. It is also immensely beneficial to regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels

Coconut Oil

Coconut milk and coconut oil on wooden table

To date, there are over 1,500 studies proving coconut oil to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Coconut oil benefits and uses go beyond what most people realize. Research has finally uncovered the secrets to this amazing fruit; namely healthy fats called medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs), these unique fats include: Caprylic acid, Lauric acid and Capric acid

Hydrogen Peroxide

A slightly different solution, hydrogen peroxide is good for skin care and nurturing. We’re talking about 35% FOOD grade, which is NOT the same as what you normally purchase. The 35% grade can actually burn your skin if you put too much in one spot. But you can dilute a drop or so depending upon the requirement in a glass of water and you have a prophylaxis or potential cure.

Flax

China seeds are viewed as the ideal natural nourishment since they contain an excessive number of advantages to list here. More to it, who might trust that what gives off an impression of being simply one more “weed” with entirely blue blooms would be a characteristic of well-being.

Steam Water – Distilled Water

The most important health benefit distilled water offers is the elimination of water borne contaminants that may potentially be found in water. Drinking contaminated water is one of the fastest ways to spread disease, toxic metals and industrial pollutants.

Red Chili

Red chilli pepper

Looking for immediate skin care of for some nerve pain relief, the red chili is your spicy go to product. Beware heavy eating can bring about some serious trouble. Proceed with caution.

Bergamot

Bergamot is also a good source of vitamins and is said to have super anti-oxidant and other unique properties that enhance well-being and promote anti-aging. Exemplified by all the dancing and bike riding you see 100-year-old Italians doing.

Aloe Vera

This is viewed as an attempted and demonstrated must have mending plant that as a rule is related with skin medicines, particularly consumes, yet it is much more flexible than simply that. Make ointments and medicine from a mix of coconut oil, aloe, and nectar for astounding skin revival properties.

Author Bio: Saqib Khan, is an inquisitive blogger and loves to spread his knowledge. With a penchant for politics and current affairs, Saqib’s new field of interest social development. He is currently associated with an online video curation site in Pakistan named Ravapk offering news and entertainment, intelligently and with utmost credibility.

1. MARILYN MATTHEWS

May 23, 2017 at 10:28 pm

Poorly written gibberish, nonsensical syntax, and missing or misspelled words. Too bad.

• drew

May 24, 2017 at 1:04 pm

You obviously don’t know a thing about natural health. You need to spend your time on UnhealthyFatAssDotCom. May the health you enjoy be deserved.

• Aiden

May 25, 2017 at 5:32 pm

actually i do know a thing about natural health and it is a pretty bad article, distilled water should not be consumed for very long as it can pull the minerals that you need out of your body. they way you troll every post it makes you look like the author of this badly written article

• drew

May 25, 2017 at 10:38 pm

I totally agree with you on the distilled water. Most of the other items the author has listed would be in most people’s top 50.

2. Deborah Wagner

May 24, 2017 at 7:17 am

Wish I hadn’t wasted part of my life reading this

• drew

May 24, 2017 at 1:06 pm

The only waste is the band width you consumed writing this needless comment.

3. R. Ann

May 24, 2017 at 9:21 am

Just saying – there’s a constructive way to say things, whatever our point.
    Think about what we put out into the world, and how we put it out there. Any number of credos suggest what we emit returns to us or shades that world, and there are suggestions for dealing with it from nursery rhymes to centuries-old religious texts.

I wish there had been a little more information with the topics as far as what exactly they treat or prevent, maybe how to use them or embedded links to how to use them, and that it was easier to read (if there’s not an editing-savvy or reading peer/peer group for review, I’m pretty sure there are still free, open-source internet groups that will do closed reviews and make suggestions for not-for-profit, non-collegiate articles and papers).

I had never encountered citrus bergamont (and am still not sure if this is citron or the related citron-cousins), or food-grade h2o2 as a topical or ingested treatment for anything but lab equipment, so, hey, I have new things to research. As a plant geek, this makes me happy.

Cheers,
    Rebecca Ann

• Hawkeye

May 24, 2017 at 2:41 pm

Forget it Rebecca, this isn’t the place for it. If you want valid, in-depth information, go to a site dedicated to scientific health and nutrition education.

• R. Ann

May 24, 2017 at 8:39 pm

I appreciate the links, but the suggestions were more for ways the article could have been improved and met with somewhat better community response, in case the author chooses to try again with a different article – it’s just general application, not necessarily for this specific topic.
        Sometimes when you’re writing, in the interest of brevity (yeah, I shoot for consumable articles, promise 🙂 😀 ) you toss in a link that will give more information than you can, even on a primer level.
        Some natural remedies I like, some I stash for “just in case” after the boxes are empty, and some I write off with tiger toenails and bear bladders.
        I’d run across most of these one place or another already, in various depths, was surprised not to see some others that are common in similar articles, but am totally content just researching more into a citrus variety I’d never heard of before.
        Have a good one!
        -Rebecca Ann

4. drew

May 24, 2017 at 1:17 pm

You are coming across as a shill/troll. Most of the articles here are written to stimulate thought and motivate someone to get off their lazy ass and do some research on their own. Obviously, you are one of the lazy fat asses that want the entire meal served to you while your 400 lb body continues its 7 year straight prone position marathon. Your comments hint that you advocate censorship. You seem to believe everything that is published needs to go thru an appointed body for approval and revision. It is obvious that you and the prior 2 commenters are left leaning communists. Why don’t you move to China? Good riddance.

• Hawkeye

May 24, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Drew – 10 bucks says YOU are the author of this thin and flimsy article.

• drew

May 24, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Up it to a million and insure the bet and you’re on!

• Hart

May 24, 2017 at 4:25 pm

Considering how good of a writer she is.. I assume she was just giving some friendly tips as to how this author could have his/her work proofread for free and how he/she could have made this article better. A simple “thank you” would have went a long way.

• R. Ann

May 24, 2017 at 8:29 pm

I appreciate the compliment, but chances of getting through to that one are nill.
        Plus, if he’d read any of my stuff on this site or elsewhere, the gun articles and comments alone would have precluded calling me a leftist or communist (unless he’s that ill-educated on socioeconomic systems or it’s as kneejerk as the fat, couch-commando and troll insults he’s left for several of us).

Sometimes I send my articles to peer groups to fact check, sometimes I send them to people disinterested in a topic to make sure I’m writing at a beginner level, not for advanced botany, horticulture, and landscape arch classes.
        Sometimes I just proof my own, and sometimes I barely skim as I add photos, and those editing-as-I-go or streaming-consciousness articles are the ones with the typos and extra words, missing words, repeated words, and disjointed flow that make me cringe. (I was a combat correspondent and editor, and have worked newspapers and journals since, and write classes, papers, and proof those, so it’s painful to realize I’ve missed them or created them.) 🙂
        I’m glad you’re happy with the quality despite those. Hopefully you’ll get something useful out of future articles.

Rebecca Ann

5. Flattop

May 24, 2017 at 3:04 pm

Don’t know about all in this article. However, while in the military, one of the instructors advised that equal amounts of butter, peanut butter, and honey will provide you with the energy to keep going. I have tried it and it works. When I am dragging I make a sandwich of the above and with the hour I am back up to speed. AND it tastes great.

6. Pat Henry

May 24, 2017 at 6:03 pm

Well that escalated quickly…

This article is entirely my fault. I accept the blame for posting it and for the quality of the content. I got in a hurry because I have a lot of other things going on and should have just not posted anything if I didn’t have the time to make sure it was up to our normal standards.

I did edit some of the content, but blasted through the rest. The author is not a native English speaker it seems and that is nothing against them. It is my job to maintain the quality and I chose the easy way out on this one.

Hope you will give us another chance to bring quality articles to this community.

7. magginolia

May 25, 2017 at 7:44 pm

what a mean group of people. you should all be ashamed of your behavior.

8. NRP

May 30, 2017 at 11:14 am

I agree with magginolia; I tend to read all of the articles here on TPJ along with the comments, although I seldom comment myself because 90% of the time some POS will just rudely blast ya right back if they don’t happen to agree.

I will say at least Saqib presented an article for publication, something I would NEVER do here, and have done MANY on other Blogs.

Sadly enough those that rudely commented are exactly what the HELL is wrong with people now days, why in the HELL don’t you try to give some positive aspects or make suggestions to encourage this writer? But nooooo y-all just want to bash this person, wonderful, you should be so very proud of yourselves.

NRP